- Advising clients on procurement strategy and construction risk management
- Technical auditing of tender documentation to avoid incomplete, inconsistent or ambiguous terms and drafting tender instructions, bespoke contract terms, responses to tender queries, ‘wrap-up’ letters and the like
- Appraising submitted tenders and the relative viability of contractor programmes, method statements and resource proposals
- Developing and monitoring procedures and systems for effective project administration
- Advising on the management, containment and resolution of commercial and contractual problems and preparing key related correspondence, documents and records
- Identifying disturbance to progress, assessing delay and/or disruption impacts and related entitlement to extensions of time and advising on delay mitigation measures
- Preparing detailed time and monetary claim submissions or claims defence documentation suitable for carrying forward to the dispute resolution processes
- Preparing position papers, referrals, responses and client support during dispute resolution procedures
- Forensic analysis of delay and quantification of cost and acting as Expert Witness in relation to matters of time and quantum, including providing Expert Reports and giving oral evidence
They will have proven track records in commercial management and claims development and negotiation on large value contracts. Familiarity with risk register planning and development and with the major international forms of construction contract will be of added advantage, as will experience of working overseas.
Applicants must be willing to travel and have the ability to interface at all levels within a client company is essential.
This is an outstanding opportunity for highly motivated and ambitious individuals to join a successful company at its inception and to develop within its structure. To apply, please write with full career details to:
DGA Construction Consultants (Canada) Limited
160 Quarry Park Boulevard SE
Alberta T2C 3G3