Complimentary Breakfast Seminar: Contractual & Commercial Nightmares - 25 Sep 2019
25th September 2019
Registration/ Refreshments 08:00 - 08:15
Seminar 08:15 – 10:00
Questions 10:00 – 10:30
Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa
1150 Century Way
Thorpe Park Leeds
Scott has lectured on a national and regional level for a number of years and is known for his informative topical seminars. Scott returns with a complimentary breakfast seminar with anecdotes of some recent problems faced by parties and their application to the standard form contracts NEC 3 & 4; and JCT, their resolution and how to avoid these problems in the future.
This seminar will appeal to contractors and sub-contractors involved in any aspect of construction and engineering.
In particular, this seminar will consider:
Liquidated Damages/ Termination
- Can termination impact the recovery of liquidated damages?
Practical Completion/ Defects
- Practical completion is left to the judgement of the Certifier but the works are not in accordance with the specification, works information or Scope document? Can lessons be learnt from the recent decision from the Court of Appeal?
- What can we do if the Certifier has got it wrong – there are still defects apparent in the Works. Can we ignore the certificate of making good defects and demand the defects are rectified?
Interim/ Final Payment
- The battle between notified sum (‘smash and grab’) -v- the ‘true value’ of the works: Addressing the confusion surrounding the steps that can be taken and when to recover payment/ over payment.
- Is recovery of payment for quantum meruit an easy option? How are the works valued where this is argued?
To reserve your place please email email@example.com
paces at this event are limited and will be offered on a first come first served basis and only subject to two persons per organisation.
For more information on the Speaker please visit his biography: Scott Milner