LEEDS DGA SEMINAR: "Getting Paid: Latest developments in the recovery of and avoidance of payment" - 22 Feb 2018
"Getting Paid: Latest developments
in the recovery of and avoidance of payment"
22nd February 2018
Holiday Inn, Garforth
Having lectured on a national and regional level for a number of years Scott Milner is known for is informative topical seminars. Scott returns with a complimentary breakfast seminar concerning recent problems faced by parties, their application to the standard form contracts and their resolution.
This seminar will appeal to Public and Private Sector Employers/ Developers, Contractors and Subcontractors that want to gain an up to date understanding of the requirements in relation to payment notices, pay less notices and payment; what determines the value of work and improve their prospects of recovery of payment
In this seminar, with reference to numerous decisions of the court we consider the frequently asked questions:
- What constitutes a valid application for payment?
- When must a pay less notice be given?
- What constitutes a valid payment notice and/or a pay less notice?
- In the absence of pay less notice can the value of the works be decided in a subsequent adjudication?
- What happens if I fail to serve a pay less notice in relation to the final payment flowing from the final account?
- Do smash and grab adjudications determine the value of the work?
- Do smash and grab adjudications prevent recovery of amounts over paid?
- What do I need to do to ensure that I am successful in adjudication?
Date: 22nd February 2018
Venue: Holiday Inn, Wakefield Rd,Garforth, Leeds LS25 1LH (There is free parking at the hotel)
Registration/ Refreshments 08:00 - 08:30
Seminar 08:30 – 10:00
Questions 10:00 – 10:30
BSc (Hons), MSc, PG Dip Law, PG Dip Legal Practice, MRICS, MCIArb, Solicitor (non-practising)
Scott is an Associate Director with DGA Group. He has decades of experience training, claims and dispute resolution having worked in private practice, for major building and civil engineering contractors, international contract and commercial/claims consultancies, as Commercial Director and In-house Solicitor for an international contractor and as a lecturer. For the full biography, please Click Here