Delay & Construction Management Expert
DipICArb, FCIOB, AMICE, MAPM, MCIArb
- Instructed Delay Expert for Civil Works contractor on a Waste to Energy power plant
- Instructed on behalf of a local authority on a flood prevention project in a Court of Session action
- Instructed Delay Expert for the reinforced concrete frame contractor on a large leisure project in a Court of Session action
- Audit and restructuring of management processes and procedures including implementation on a marine civil engineering project
- Development and implementation of a project restructuring strategy for an international contractor
- Audit of multiple highways construction schemes on behalf of the purchaser of a European business
- Infrastructure (roads and bridges, rail, airports, tunnels)
- Port & Marine Works (new ports, sea defence, flood prevention)
- Energy (energy from waste, CHP, wind farms, oil and gas pipelines)
- Utilities (water treatment plants, sewage tunnels)
- Leisure (arena, stadia, swimming pools, hotels)
- Building (government, commercial, residential, education, retail)
David is a chartered construction manager and Fellow of the CIOB with over 20 years' project-based experience with major UK civil engineering and building contractors and 40+ years overall industry experience.
David is an experienced Independent Expert specialising in delay analysis and project management advisory services. He possesses ‘hands-on’ experience in the turnaround of distressed projects, assisting clients regain control as well as providing technical advice in mergers and acquisitions.
David has aided insolvency practitioners in the recovery of monies through formal process, including in adjudication and arbitration.