Planning & Delay Expert
B Eng, Eng D
- Appointed Delay Expert by the Tribunal on a Waste to Energy project (Independent Tribunal Advisory Role)
- Appointed by the EU and European Government Ministries as Delay Expert on various development projects (Expert Reports for Arbitration / Oral testimony)
- Appointed by the Ampleforth Abbey Trust as Project Management Expert in a TCC case (Expert Reports and Oral testimony approved by the Judge)
- Infrastructure / Civils (roads and bridges, airports, rail/metro)
- Energy (nuclear, energy from waste, CHP)
- Building (commercial, residential, health, retail)
- Petrochemical (various)
He is a Doctor of Engineering and provides independent, professional advice on project disputes in the civil engineering and construction industries. He acts as Independent Expert for Delay and Disruption (EOT) and Project Management disputes (and gets involved in negotiations and dispute avoidance processes).
David has 30 years’ experience in engineering and construction. He trained as an Engineer, and worked in the Construction and Rail industries. He was a Project Manager, and has been involved in both proactive and reactive Planning / Programming, Value and Risk Management, and Partnering and PFI Advice. His Dispute Resolution experience spans a large number of UK and International projects of all sizes.
David is experienced in all the main major contract forms and has given oral and written Expert evidence to tribunals on Delay and Disruption, Programming and Planning, and Project Management. He works at all levels of dispute resolution, from initial Negotiation and early Mediation up to Adjudication, Arbitration, and Litigation.