Delay & Construction Management Expert
DipICArb, FCIOB, FAPM, AMICE, MCIArb
- Appointed Delay Expert for Civil Works contractor on a UK Waste to Energy power plant
- Appointed on behalf of a local authority on a flood prevention project in a Court of Session case
- Appointed Delay Expert for the reinforced concrete frame contractor on a large leisure project in a Court of Session case
- Appointed as Management Expert relating to an NEC3 project
- Appointed as Technical Expert to a Dutch Court in relation to an Energy from Waste project
- Appointed as Delay Expert Witness in a UK Arbitration
- SCADA Software development delay analysis
- Audit of construction project management procedures and setup on a marine civil engineering project
- Development of a distressed project turnaround strategy for an international contractor
- Audit of multiple highways construction schemes on behalf of the purchaser of a European concession business
- Infrastructure (roads and bridges, rail, airports, tunnels)
- Port & Marine Works (new passenger and freight ports, sea defence, flood prevention)
- Energy (nuclear, energy from waste, CHP, wind farms, oil and gas pipelines)
- Utilities (water and sewage treatment plants, sewage tunnels)
- Leisure (arena, stadia, swimming pools, hotels)
- Building (government, commercial, residential, education, retail)
David is a chartered construction manager and Chartered Fellow of the CIOB with over 20 years' project-based experience with major UK civil engineering and design, manage, construct contractors and 40+ years overall industry experience.
David is an experienced Independent Expert specialising in delay analysis and project management advisory services. He possesses ‘hands-on’ experience in managing the turnaround of distressed projects. David has full UK Government Security Clearance (SC)
David has been cross examined in the English TCC and in domestic arbitration as well as in adjudication.
David has aided insolvency practitioners in the recovery of monies through formal process. He has also provided technical advice in mergers and acquisitions.